Tuesday, November 4
Morning Plenary Session: 8:00 am – 8:45 am
Bang! You’re Dead: Improving Performance Through Simulation and Wargaming presented by Darryl Cross, Vice President, Performance Development, LexisNexis
In industries where results are measured in lives saved or number of people at risk, training takes on a new level of importance. Firefighters train in actual burning buildings. Pilots and astronauts use flight simulators. The military uses tactical ranges and live fire exercises. When it matters, people practice in conditions that are as close as possible to the real thing. So, why don’t your employees train that way?
The stakes may not be as high, but the techniques are directly applicable. Using simulations to model challenging situations and wargaming to practice against simulated opponents are highly effective methods to improve performance as well as teach professionals how to better “think on their feet” in any environment.
Attendees in this session will take away the following:
- How fundamentals, situational planning, simulation, reflective coaching lead to continuous improvement
- How to build realistic simulations—including ones that are impossible to win
- How to design and run a wargame where your own professionals play the role of your competitors
- How to use simulation results to identify deficiencies and use the results as a diagnostic for a year long training plan for individuals and teams
Content Session: 10:30 am – 11:15 am
Seeing The Big Picture, Business Acumen to Build Your Credibility, Career, and Company presented by Kevin Cope, President & CEO, Acumen Learning
Business acumen won’t automatically make you, or anyone else, a great leader, but without it you will never become one.
As a learning and development leader, you are in a unique position to bridge the gap between functions. You can grow the business in a way nobody else can. Developing your business acumen, and the business acumen of your talent pipeline, will improve every aspect of your business.
In this session you'll learn from a national bestselling author a "big picture" mentality that will give you and your company an invaluable edge. After all, business acumen is, fundamentally, about seeing the big picture.
- Five key business drivers to understand how companies become more competitive
- Tools to optimize learning and training programs so employees can make the right decisions to support organizational growth
- Insights on building a culture that balances your people and profit strategies
We are still accepting speaker recommendations!
Is there an corporate learning and development expert you would most like to hear from or a topic that you feel needs to be addressed? Tell us! Send an email to Toni Corvi, Director of Marketing and Content at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (203) 840-5446.